Saturday, December 26, 2015

A day with Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus


Caption: From the right side, Professor H. I Latifee, Tazina Latifi, Professor Dr. Muhammad Yunus and me.

Did attend a family program last day at the residence of my eldest uncle, H. I Latifee (standing at the right-most side), who is one of the leading world economists and a winner of Business Week's Stars of Asia Award in 2001 for his leadership in the field of ‪#‎microcredit‬ and ‪#‎poverty‬ alleviation.

Then here comes, my dear sweet cousin Tazina Latifi who was superbly active there yesterday and assisted my Boro Jethi to held up that family program nicely.

And the man, beside me is none other than ‪#‎Nobel‬ Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus (I, my cousins and in laws feel comfortable calling him Yunus Chacha as he enjoys it the most).


Caption: A happy mind can create a happy world.


However, though it was an informal setting but I took not more than 45 minutes from him to discuss about ongoing world issues like, ‪#‎WTO‬'s 10th Ministerial Conference (achievements, cotton issues and future potentialities), ‪#‎COP‬ 21 (pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C), ‪#‎Sustainability‬ in environment, society and financial streams, and as if I am working in Research and Development Cell of Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers & Exporters Association-BKMEA, had featured Transformations that Bangladesh ‪#‎ReadyMadeGarments‬ Industry now going through.

Caption: With my cousin Enamul Moon-m Latifee and  Professor Yunus after taking the lunch at my uncle's residence.

Well enough, hopefully, the pitches made him interested more to contribute in this ground at the right platform/forum by his tremendously inspiring words, research works and promotional activities. In sha Allah will meet him again with a view to lifting up and accelerating the multi-dimensional world ‪#‎developmental‬ initiatives.


Caption: Great minds share ideas, thus we try to nurture ideas.


  - ‪#EHLatifee‬

No comments:

Post a Comment