Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Ending the Gender Gap: A Note!


When Shiro refused to have sex with her boyfriend, he asked a group of his friends to rape her.  "They gagged and dragged me into the thick grass and raped me. I was in a lot of pain because I had never had sex with any man. I was just a virgin. A month later, I discovered I was pregnant. I decided to keep the pregnancy because I was afraid I would die if I had an abortion."


According to the World Economic Forum prediction, gender gap will not close entirely until 2186 AD*- indicating economic disparity between women and men would continue if not any bold step is taken to promote and sustain socio-economic condition of women. To make women more empowered, the very first task is to show them respect entirely by heart, secondly, to get them more connected with socio-economic moves of the world, thirdly, to breakdown the stereotype thinking that they are only of beauties, fourthly, to demolish the chain of inequality among countries, societies, classes, wherever a single woman belongs to (as if, may be a business lady in the most developed country is now buying diamond necklace and dreaming of landing on Mars soon, while a lady from least developed country is about to die while giving birth to her beloved baby and tensed of the future of that child).
Let's interpret celebrations into responsibilities to be aware of and perform everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment